Title: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore use
Were there not some alleged cases where Echelon was used for commercial espionage by American companies? Could this not be used in a similar way? At the end of the day it comes down to how much you can trust your Government.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 September 2001 14:30
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore us e

As much as I don't necessarily have a problem with this, the real question will be what happens when someone makes an offhand, attempt-at-humor comment that sets off whatever "filters" they're looking for.  Will my kid get put on a list because he's researching and chatting with friends about JFK's assasination and the phrase "kill the president" is in their conversation?