Title: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore use
It's not like you can automatically tell someone's age.  I don't doubt the algorithms.  Like I said, my biggest concern would be what they do with the info.

I would think once this gets passed, only an idiot wouldn't use some kind of codes.
-----Original Message-----
From: Phillips, Glen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 7:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore us e

Could anyone over the age of 12 understand what kids are talking about? :-)

Serioiusly though, a phrase like that would only raise a marker. It would probably then then be double checked to see what the flow of conversation was like. Given the huge number of conversations that they're listening in to, there must be some fantastic algorithms to remove harmless ones.

A few months ago here in Europe, someone tried to flood Echelon by sending out an email virus that consisted of 1.5 pages of nothing but suspect phrases and words  like "kill the president", hacker, cybercrime etc, etc. It was a pathetic attempt to flood it but would never have worked due to the lack of structure in the document.