St. Bernard software.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob's Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: September 19, 2001 1:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: WARNING: Hacker Alert

> This is a real can of super ugly worms and you need a total
> security policy for your site not just blocking executables via email.

Tell me about it. I have 13 servers here, 3 of them *nix. All of them
survived except one which got hit, because it had a trust relationship with
a web designer's home machine and he got hit.

Keeping all these machines up to date is a royal pain in the ass - since
Microsloth haven't seen fit to include the hotfixes in their 'windowsupdate'
site for NT4 yet.

I remember seeing a URL somewhere of a useful gadget for telling you which
servers had which patches, and which servers needed which patches but now
that I need it, I'll be damned if I can find it... :(

Anyone out there with a better memory?

Regards

Bob