Title: RE: Legal Email Issues - Dont shoot me :) -

First of all let me say that I'm not your lawyer and we don't have an attorney-client relationship.  This is not legal advice, just my educated opinion and so forth.

That out of the way...a piece of paper that is essentially a memo is hardly evidence.  Without the original "message" (which apparently doesn't exist) all she has is a piece of ill-formatted paper.  No signature, no fingerprints, no tracing information.  As is it's worthless as evidence of anything.  She could just as well have scribbled the note in crayon on a piece of felt.

Unless you have a documented pattern of such messages or she has reliable witnesses or something I think any of our people would have little trouble disposing of that "evidence" -- and maybe even turning it back against her by raising the very real question of whether she is falsifying evidence.

Also, the advice of some of our other posters has been fine but I have a minor nit to pick with their spelling though. The word is "perjury" which means making false statements under oath or affirmation.  Knowlingly submitting false evidence in a judicial proceeding (criminal or civil) would certainly seem to fall under the definition.  Your lawyer may want to point that out to her lawyer.

Best of luck and aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3
Director of Information Services