We did it here and NT has never been the same.  One of the biggest issue that we have
still are that users that were created while the link was there can not be
administered by anyone unless they have Domain Admin access.  This kind of stinks here
because our helpdesk resets passwords.  I have had to give them Domain Admin access to
do this and I am not happy.  There was another guy on the list a year or so ago.
We'll see if he has anything to add.

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/23/01 09:00PM >>>
Folks

I am sorry if this seems off topic - it is a question regarding Novell and
NT being joined together and the possibility of breaking that link.

Domain is Win NT 4 sp6a PDC and BDC Novell 4.11 NDS single server.  Clients
mix of mainly win 98 and a few 2000/NT WS.

A prior admin "joined" the NT domain with the Novell NDS by using NDS for NT
by Novell.  I would like to break that link and keep things separate.  I
have seen it networks that needed both function much better when NT and
Novell are not aware of each other.  There are no Novell Resources need by
any NT servers.  I realize it will require more administration but I
actually prefer that.

Has anyone ever broken this link?  I have a KB from Novell Doc ID 10011753.
Any one know of any pitfalls?

TIA

Jim