From: Brian Steele [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 10:39 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: SirCam Virus Problem Exchange Server

Sounds like EXACTLY the same thing I'm going through  - a Home.com user's
system is peppering my inbox with infected messages.  Unfortunately, the
messages don't have a "From" address, so there's no way to contact the
sender about the problem!

I tried sending a message about it to [EMAIL PROTECTED], but just got a form
e-mail in reply.  (Hint: If you don't want to receive the SirCam form e-mail
from Home.com, don't mention "SirCam" in your message).  In my second
attempt, I replaced SirCam with S*i*r*C*a*m and received a different form
e-mail.  No further response as yet.

so, at the moment I'm trying to configure my e-mail server to treat the
home.com server (will specifically sdc1.sfba.home.com) as a spam relay, and
block all e-mail from that server.  When the hundreds of infected messages
remain on their server instead of getting delivered to mine, perhaps then
they'll pay more attention to the problem :-).

Regards,
Brian