Title: Message
hello? anyone with half the admin skillz of a monkey already knows this
-----Original Message-----
From: Bud James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 15:56
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: New virus on the loose

Rapid Response Team

WARNING!

Read this and the website!

New 'War Vote' Virus Deletes Computer Files

By Elinor Mills Abreu

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Computer security experts on Monday warned of a new virus that deletes files while masquerading as a program that will allow people to vote on whether the United States should go to war over the Sept. 11 hijacker attacks.

The ``Vote Virus'', which so far is not wide spread, circulates via e-mail to users of Microsoft Corp.'s (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) Outlook e-mail program, said Simon Perry, vice president of security solutions at Computer Associates International Inc. (NYSE:CA - news)

The virus, punctuated by strange grammar and a mix of lower- and upper-case letters, appears with the subject line: ''Peace between America and Islam!'' and the body of the e-mail reads: ``Hi. Is it a war against America or Islam!? Let's vote to live in peace!'' Perry and other experts said.

When the attachment entitled ``WTC.exe'' is opened, the virus tries to delete all the files on the computer's hard drive and sends copies of the e-mail to every address listed in the computer's address book, he said.

The virus also defaces any Web pages that are hosted by an infected computer to read: ``America ... few days will show you what we can do!!! It's our turn ))) ZaCker is so sorry for you,'' according to Perry.

 http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010924/wr/tech_votevirus_dc_2.html

Bud James

Rapid Response Team

"Preparing You for Tomorrow!"