From: Henry Heerschap [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 5:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Blue screen (ntoskrnl)

We've set up ERD scripts for both our NT and Win2K servers based on the following article:
http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=15976

Both scripts update the ERD files and copy it to our PDC.  I have an additional batch file that copies them over to a BDC for redundancy.  I use AT or the Task Scheduler to run the files once a week.  Works great.

Our NT script reads as follows:
@echo off
C:\winnt\system32\rdisk.exe /s-
copy C:\winnt\repair \\ts-dc1\ERDinfo$\ts-file01

Our Win2K script (lifted from the article):
@Echo Off
REM **********************************************************************
REM RDisk script for Windows 2000
REM Description: Utilizes the Rdisk utility from NT 4.0 to make emergency
REM              ERD files in Win2K without the need of NTbackup.
REM Author: Tim Arp
REM **********************************************************************

Echo Begin creating ERD files for Win2K
Echo.
Echo Deleting old ERD backup files *.ARP
Del %SYSTEMROOT%\Repair\*.ARP /q

Echo Backing up old ERD files
For %%i In (%SYSTEMROOT%\Repair\*.) Do REN %%i %%~ni.ARP

Echo Creating new ERD files...
RDisk.Exe /s-

Echo Expanding new ERD files
For %%i In (%SYSTEMROOT%\Repair\*._) Do Expand %%i %%~ni

Echo Deleting compressed ERD files
Del %SYSTEMROOT%\Repair\*._ /q

copy %SYSTEMROOT%\repair \\ts-dc1\ERDinfo$\ts-print01

Echo.
Echo Finished creating ERD files for Win2K

Henry Heerschap
Information Systems Support
Tenzing Communications, Inc.
(206) 607-2890