Title: RE: How to identify server that logged on a user

Windows NT Diagnostics and click the network tab.  If you're running custom program groups you can select their computer remotely and see which one logged them in as well.  Also shows logged on users.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Bednarek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 7:34 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: How to identify server that logged on a user

Blake R. Fowkes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote on Thu, 27-Sep-2001 08:27
>Does anyone know if there is a way to tell [in Win 4.x] what server logged
>on a user?
[snip]

It's been a while, but I used to have this in my registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon]
"DomainLogonMessage"=dword:00000001

Have you tried searching the registry of a Win4.x machine for the name
of the authenticating server, once logged in?

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"

Want to unsub? Do that here:
http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub
Need a good FAQ? Try this one first:
http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/