From: Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 3:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange/Outlook Alternatives

I'm constantly asked for recommendations on VIABLE alternatives to the
MS Outlook/Exchange groupware system. Let's face it: Exchange is
expensive, and does a lot of things that most of my SMB customers will
never need. I've seen a few different products, but have yet to find one
that integrates and works as well as Outlook with an Exchange server.

Do you guys have any ideas on substitutes. The main core features that
most SMB's use would be the scheduling/calendaring , POP/IMAP email, and
address book. It'd be nice to have the whole lot integrated, but
seperate products with a good UI would do. The email and address book
clients are easy enough to find, but what about calendaring? Something
with the ability to both share an office calendar, and have seperate
(but viewable) calendars for each worker. Editor priveleges for a
secretary on specific calendars would be a plus, as well. To complicate
it a bit further, how about something that would work on a peer-to-peer
network (< 10 PC's) with no dedicated server? Any thoughts?

YZʶzm6岒w&ᮚ'{lמu(@A:牤w-i⁦0⁵m歫^req&楨
DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this communication unless you are the
intended addressee. This e-mail communication contains confidential and/or
privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this communication in error, please call us immediately at (907) 561-1250
and ask to speak to the sender of the communication. Also, please e-mail the
sender and notify the sender immediately that you have received the
communication in error.

Want to unsub? Do that here:
http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub
Need a good FAQ? Try this one first: