 From: John Cesta - Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 11:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Files keep disappearing from the winnt dir

I have been running this system for about 5 years, been in the business for about 17 years. What I am saying is that the files are gone. Vanished. Not there. Thyey are missing. If I try to run explorer from the start menu, nothing happens. So, I go to start > run > and run the explorer.exe which I have stored away in a seperate directory in case it vanishes from the winnt dir.

I am just asking if anyone has had the occasion of, maybe a corrupt system, and has experienced this before? I don't think any other files are missing, could be but I know the ones in the winnt are missing. I can copy them in there, see them, run them, and 30 minutes later they are not there. Take my statement literally...the files are gone, caput, vanished, not visible and all other meanings of "not there" etc. :)))))))

John