For bandwidth I would take a look at Cacti http://www.cacti.net/, it's free
open ended and has both Linux and Windows base solutions.  They have an older
all in one installer if you dig around on the forums.  Cacti can also be
integrated with Nagios.  Their is also MRTG http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/ for
bandwidth monitoring, although I personally find Cacti a bit friendlier as it
will dynamically update interface changes where MRTG needs to have the config
file re-run.

As far as paid for solutions Solarwinds offer up some good tools for live time
bandwidth monitoring per interface, 'Bandwidth Gauges' also has the ability to
pump out a html file if you want to post it up on a webpage.  They also have
another useful tool called 'Router CPU Load' which will do live time monitoring
of CPU load, although it says router I have been able to get it to monitor our
Cisco Switches as well.

If you are getting down to the bare wire with packet capturing looking for
malformed packets might as well build yourself a Snort box.  It's free minus
support and can run on either Linux or Windows.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

Thank you,

Fred Sawyer
CCNA, MCP