We had a look in to these a while back.

They all seemed to use an applet on the client side that basically takes
a snapshot of the screen, jpeg's it or whatever, uploads to the
projector for display. Don't expect to run full motion video.

Some projectors run a PCMCIA type wireless card in them, but only work
with specific cards, don't expect to use just any PCMCIA card you have
lying around.

The problem we found is that if someone comes in to the office and wants
to use the projector, you'd have to go and install the applet on their
laptop before they can use it.  We wanted to find some way of
autoloading the necessary software on to the laptop without requiring IT
helpdesk being involved, so we had a look and came across the Addlogix
Echoview, which is a neat device you attach to any projector's DVI or
VGA port. You scan for available wireless networks from your laptop and
find the Echoview wifi network, connect to it, fire up IE and it
immediately prompts to download and install the necessary software.
Quite smart, much easier for visitors.  Unfortunately you can't browse
the web on your laptop via WIFI when using the WIFI on the projector.

There's also the new support with Vista for Microsoft certifed wireless
projectors, but didn't find any available at the time we were looking,
so we plumped for the NEC LT380 which works quite nicely and is fully
featured.