From: Roger Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:22 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: New Remote Office

We have a new remote location coming online in a couple months and are
working on our IT plan.

There will be a permanent  VPN between the two sites.  We plan for the
remote users (about 20) to access their apps via a terminal server here,
but they'll also have a local file and print server.  The Exchange
server resides here

We're unsure whether to make that location a separate domain with trusts
between the two or add them to the existing domain and make their local
F/P server a DC of the existing domain.  The Exchange server resides
here and permissions are already set for the users who will be
relocating.

What are the relative merits of a remote DC of the existing domain
versus creating a new domain and adding the trusts?  How much data would
be moving across the wire for A/D syncs?

Roger Wright

Network Administrator

Evatone, Inc.

727.572.7076  x388

____

If your mind goes blank, remember to turn down the sound.