I really wish I could answer your question...

I fought with a Vista Business machine for more than two days, and there
were more quirks than one could have imagined.  I asked for assistance on
this forum and on the CounterSpy forum, and none of the suggestions
worked...  (Note that I had scrubbed and re-built this once during this
period.)

1. Despite sharing being turned on, and even with "UAC" being switched
off, I could never gain access to any of its shared volumes (even as a
DomainAdmin, who was also a local admin on that box).

2. As expected from #1, remote desktop sessions could not even connect.

3. We have a mission critical app which could only be run as a local admin
(again, with or without UAC running).

4. Finally, come Microsoft Monday (that is, the day after Patch Tuesday),
no updates had been loaded even with Updates set to run automatically.
Launching WindowsUpdate as an administrator, it refused to check for
updates.

At this point, I decided this piece of crap has no business in a corporate
network.  It is now happily running XP.
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org