Contact a PMP friend - here's his take:

PMI is in fact changing their exam on August 31st.
   As I recall, the professional and social responsibility piece will
now be tested across all domains-so professional and social
responsibility will now be integrated into every area and question.
  The new exam content outline can be found here:
http://www.pmi.org/Certification/Project-Management-Professional-PMP/~/media/PDF/Certifications/PMP%20Examination%20Content%20Outline_2010.ashx
 assume this guy already has his 35 contact hours to take the exam and
has completed his application and had it approved?    Those are two
critical steps. If so, then I’d direct him to www.rmcprojectmanagement.com
 Rita Mulcahy’s company produces study guides for the PMP exam and I’ve
heard nothing but great things from my fellow PMPs (including my boss)
about her course materials.  I’ve taken a couple of PDU earning courses
from RMC and I can say they are pretty good.  Get a study guide from
there, make sure it includes PMP practice exams and cram, cram, cram.   Memorize
 all formulas in the PMBOK.    Because you’re not allowed to take
ANYTHING into the exam with you at Prometric.   Know how to calculated
PERT and Earned Value and Schedule and Cost Performance indices,
Estimate At Completion, Budget At Completion and the number of
communication paths.   Memorize the charge on Page 43 of the 4th Edition of the
PMBOK (www.gantthead.com had a really nice PDF of the project lifecycle for the
3rd
 edition of the PMBOK, don’t know if they ever updated it for the fourth
 edition) and be able to draw it from memory.  Memorize inputs, outputs,
 tools and techniques for and know the interrelationships of each
project management process group and knowledge area.   When he walks
into the exam, he should take as much time as need needs to reproduce
the chart and all the memorized formulas from memory (he’ll have scratch
 paper).   That will serve as a reference for him.    The
 reason for memorizing P43 of the PMBOK (or the gantthead chart if he
can get the updated one) is that on the PMP exam you have to be able to
know where you are in the PMI process, then know what
inputs/outputs/tools and techniques would be applicable to correctly
answer the question.   He should NOT let any real world PM experience
bear on his answer to a question because it’s irrelevant.   He should
assume he is in the PERFECT project, functioning EXACTLY according to
how PMI says it should run.    Before I took the exam, I took 3 days off
 and crammed and took practice exams. I
 checked on gantthead but didn’t see an updated lifecycle flow chart.
The one I have is from 2006-2007 and only applies to the 3rd Edition of the
PMBOK-which is what I took my test against.

Shauna Hensala