Yep... looks like I might have to order one too.

BF

From: Sam Cayze [mailto:sca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: I need a Landline! You read that right.

Ben, OBiTalk looks like the golden ticket to what I need.  Thanks!

Sam

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Ben Serebin
<b...@reefsolutions.com<mailto:b...@reefsolutions.com>> wrote:
Hello All,

                I know this is old, but wanted to share in case it helps
someone (I spent a few months determining my options and testing different
solutions). I recently dropped Vonage after about 9 yrs for my home setup and
switched to a significantly cheaper and more flexible solution. Vonage is too
expensive (~$37/month) & I didn't need all their crazy features since it needed
to be "wife friendly" (non-tech) & support a standard 2 line Panasonic cordless
phone. And more importantly their pricing over the last few years included
double digit pricing increases for "taxes & surcharges". I also have a Google
Voice I wanted to incorporate. 2 options...

-          Get a OBiTalk (hardware) which allows you to dial out/in via an
analog or IP phone via a SIP provider or Google Voice (supports 2 SIP or phone
line options or combination). Yes, your grandmother's analog phone (needs touch
tone, sorry no pulse) could be dialing out for FREE via Google Voice.
http://www.obihai.com/ The folks behind OBiTalk use to work for Cisco, there
hardware is rock solid stable. Very user friendly for non-VoIP people.

-          Use a SIP provider (I like voip.ms<http://voip.ms>) since it's very
cheap and has EVERY feature you could dream of. Spoofed calling (my SPA has 6
caller ID profiles), Asterisk support, phone trees, e911 or no e911 to save the
money. If you're really smart & thrifty, you get e911 on 1 line and none on
line 2 and do call routing when someone dials 911. You can get almost unlimited
national for $4.95 INCLUDING ALL TAXES & SURCHARGES. And it's 6 sec billing.
E911 is $1.50 extra a month. You can port #'s over (adds $2 a month), etc. I
love these guys. I have extra DIDs for $0.99 a month. It's mind blowing.

FYI: I have an OBi110 (it's so popular - people scalp them) & a Cisco SPA509G
IP phone.

Enjoy,
-Ben