Except it should really not go into HKCR.  If you want it machine wide, put it
into HKLM\Classes and if you want it just for you, but it into HKCU\Classes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 1:30 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Text Editor for Windows WAS: SQL for File Storage?

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:10 AM,  <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> If I'm running off the command line and want to edit a file I just type
> 'notepad c:\directoryname\filename.extension'

  If the file extension is associated with Notepad already, you can just type
"c:\directoryname\filename.extension".  You save eight whole keystrokes that
way!  ;)

  Also, associating one's favorite text editor with all file types is a useful
thing:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\opennpp\command]
@="\\\\foocorp\\fooDFS\\APPS\\NotepadPP\\Notepad++.EXE \"%1\""

-- Ben