From: Rick Berry [mailto:rbe...@elevativenetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 11:34 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: move DHCP backwards, 2008 to 2003

Can one move DHCP backwards from 2008 to 2003?

I'm doing netsh dhcp server export/import, coming from an AD SBS box that is
moving elsewhere to a standalone 2003 non-AD box.

"the request is not supported" is what I get for netsh dhcp server import
c:\dhcp.txt all ... but I am indeed a local admin, etc etc

Am I broken because I'm trying to do something unsupported?  Presuming that the
2008 DHCP export isn't perhaps compatible with 2003 DHCP, would like positive
confirmation of that supposition if someone here knows.

Or perhaps it's an easy fix ... basically trying to preserve reservations/etc
on four scopes, I don't care about the overall DHCP db really

or send an email to