I just want to be sure that I understand this feature correctly before I get
too excited and look at upgrading our DC's to 2008 R2.

I have 2 DHCP servers, let's call them PRI and SEC.  I also want to use
reservations but in an outage the reservations are something I could live
without having available.

So I setup DHCP on PRI and configure the reservations.  I setup DHCP on SEC
with no reservations.

I then configure split-scope on PRI using the wizard, and tell it to set the
delay on SEC to 1000ms.

I now have two DHCP servers, but so long as PRI is running it will always
service requests first?

Paul

--
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.