From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:52 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Split Scope DHCP on 2008 R2?

I just want to be sure that I understand this feature correctly before I get
too excited and look at upgrading our DC's to 2008 R2.

I have 2 DHCP servers, let's call them PRI and SEC.  I also want to use
reservations but in an outage the reservations are something I could live
without having available.

So I setup DHCP on PRI and configure the reservations.  I setup DHCP on SEC
with no reservations.

I then configure split-scope on PRI using the wizard, and tell it to set the
delay on SEC to 1000ms.

I now have two DHCP servers, but so long as PRI is running it will always
service requests first?

Paul
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

or send an email to