From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 10:19 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: HP going out

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, C.E. Gene Connor <cege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the new buyer have to stand behind what we are now getting from HP ??

  I think that will depend on how things go down.  One hopes HP will want their
customers taken care of.

  Before I started at %WORK%, they were buying Gateway PCs.  I put a stop to
that as soon as I could, but there were plenty around I still had to support.
Then Gateway sold their business PC division to MPC.
The warranties and support contracts basically evaporated.  MPC said call
Gateway, Gateway said call MPC, I got nothing.

  Shockingly, that division soon went out of business.  It's almost like their
customers didn't trust them anymore.  Whodathunkit?

-- Ben