I'm making assumptions about the documents, and shame on me for it. I could be
completely off-base. But if we're talking about accessing MS Office documents
created on a PC and stored on a Windows server, then yes-that's generally a PC
thing. Especially if you want to edit those documents.

Web browsing can be fun on an iPad, until you need to access a site that
require Flash or Java. Then it becomes a PC thing.

I don't mind reading my e-mail on my iPad, but when I have to actually reply to
a message-at least with more than a few words--I need a hardware keyboard. And
of course, I could get a hardware keyboard for my iPad, but then we're right
back to jumping through hoops to make it do what I can already do with a
laptop/netbook/desktop.

Other enterprises undoubtedly have more flexibility than us. But as I mentioned
earlier, we're a Windows shop. We're generally just not able to support
devices-whether they're laptops, tablets, or whatever-that aren't running
Windows. I say "generally" because we could justify committing resources to
investigating the integration of non-Windows devices IF there were a compelling
business reason for doing it. So far there hasn't been one.

John