From my own personal experience with a Kindle, eye strain shouldn't be an issue
with e-ink devices.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathew Shember [mailto:mathew.shem...@synopsys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Apple newbie - iPad remote access to server shares

How are the reports on eye strain?

Are the kids liking them?

Thanks,
Mathew

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:39 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Management of an e-reader is WAY simpler than management of a PC, though
(assuming the e-reader has enterprise management tools, which remains a huge
assumption).

A couple of years ago, we had a one-to-one laptop initiative with all of our
8th and 9th grade students. It was extremely labor-intensive; no matter how
tightly we locked down the computers, there was always some way kids could
screw them up. And battery life was constantly an issue.

Basic e-readers will obviously do much less than PCs, but there's also a lot
less to go wrong with them. They're much more feasible for schools.

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District
www.taylor.k12.fl.us