Re: #1 - Fair point.

Re: #2 - It adds attack surface area, beyond just services that need to be
patched.

Re: #3 - Again, fair enough point, but it does take longer to start up a DC,
and this has an impact on when other services get started up.   It probably
complicates a few DR scenarios as well. :)     And you have to pay more
attention to how the DC is configured, as such a system will likely be
multi-homed.

I do it at home today, but would caution that care was taken in going this
route -- not a rejection, but not an endorsement either.

* *

*ASB* *http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* *Harnessing the Advantages of
Technology for the SMB market…

*