From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:16 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: [Microsoft support] Is it me...

Re: #1 - Fair point.

Re: #2 - It adds attack surface area, beyond just services that need to be
patched.

Re: #3 - Again, fair enough point, but it does take longer to start up a DC,
and this has an impact on when other services get started up.   It probably
complicates a few DR scenarios as well. :)     And you have to pay more
attention to how the DC is configured, as such a system will likely be
multi-homed.

I do it at home today, but would caution that care was taken in going this
route -- not a rejection, but not an endorsement either.

ASB

http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker

Harnessing the Advantages of Technology for the SMB market...

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Crawford, Scott