I don't even pretend to be a security expert by any means, I find this
article confusing.....

It seems to be a high vulnerability, but when I read the sentence "It
has long been theorized that attackers can manipulate the process to
make educated guesses about the contents of the plaintext blocks." What
exactly are they saying here? Are these blocks originally encrypted? If
so, once they manage to decrypt them, how do they make these "educated
guesses"? Does it take minutes/hours/days to come up with a correct
guess?

Don Guyer

Windows Systems Engineer

RIM Operations Engineering Distributed - A Team, Tier 2

Enterprise Technology Group

Fiserv

don.gu...@fiserv.com

Office: 1-800-523-7282 x 1673