I am 63, and seeing this. I don't even hear back from firms to whom I apply.
I have been a full, sole IT director with no help at two different firms for
a dozen years. But I don't want to lie or cut short my resume, don't want to
waste time interviewing at firms that don't want an oldster.

From: Jon Harris [mailto:jk.har...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:23 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT:Age Discrimination in IT

Amen and +1 on this.  Having gone through this two years ago most of the
applicants I was competing against were in the sub 35 age range and when
ever I got an interview the major questions were about pay and how low I
would go, and a lot less on skills.  I know at least one place I did not get
an interview but an insider told me they only hired those right out of
college or high school as they did not want anyone questioning the
management staff about decisions.

Jon