From:   "Kennedy, Jim" <kennedy...@elyriaschools.org>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   09/28/2011 03:12 PM
Subject:        WMI filter help

I think what I have put together, that won’t work, will explain pretty
well what I want. I want all the Win7 machines and any machine whose name
starts with R2. I have tried many iterations of the syntax and a fair
amount of googling.  I would also gladly accept any pointers on resources
for syntax, preferably with examples.

SELECT * (FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Version LIKE '6.1.%') OR SELECT
*  (FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Name LIKE 'R2%')

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.