As previously stated: GnuPG should do the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Sweers [mailto:gswe...@acts360.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:26 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Needing to encrypt a file

Its an Italian Medical organization that has him login, create an account,
setup the information about his organization and then downloads a file to his
desktop that he has to encrypt with their requirements.  Once he does that he
can then upload documents to their system for review... Haven't ever seen
anything like it before.

Sorry when I said signature, its really just signing the file digitally and
uploading it back to their servers.  Their instructions just indicate to sign
the file offline using our encryption software... But it has to be in pkcs#7

Greg Sweers
CEO
ACTS360.com
P.O. Box 1193