From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com
To: NT System Admin Issues
ReplyTo: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: strange hosted app issue
Sent: 5 Oct 2011 19:26

Finding this issue to be a bit perplexing.

Have an application that is hosted on the internet.  App uses a java
interface run on the client machines (both PC and Mac and even iPads).  The
app sometimes takes forever to load up and users often get booted from it
during normal use of the app (if they can even get into the app).  Using
the hosted app off-hours never shows any slowness.

The internet pipe is 10mb up/down.  Their doesn't SEEM to be an issue with
bandwidth conjestion, but we're still determining that (customer had NO
tools in place to monitor that traffic - live).  When people are having
problems running that application, they can still browse anything else on
the internet without problem -- which makes it seem like bandwidth isn't an
issue, possibly.

The customer even tried swapping out to a different firewall for test
purposes, and completely removing the web filter too.  Neither helped.

Aside from bandwidth, is there anything else worth looking at here?
Something overlooked?  App provider isn't helpful as the site in quetion is
the only place experiecing the issue it seems.  Perhaps trying a different
java version, etc.?  Grasping straws.  Thanks!

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web

Sent from my POS BlackBerry  wireless device, which may wipe itself at any
moment