I have seen this happen when the client has updated their java version.  The
results are totally unpredictable. Load is slow or only partially loads or
freezes.  The problem is that java is full of security vulnerabilities so you
either have to accept the risk or rewrite the app.....

just my thoughts.
Shauna Hensala