I moved a client from SBS to Google apps. Uploading/syncing old mail took forever for every user. This was on a cable connection. The unexpected slowness of the sync added a couple of days to the project.

Bill

David wrote:
Highly dependent on how much bandwidth you have available. Not to Google Apps, but I migrated a user to a hosted service, he had a 12G mailbox on an 896K uplink, took him about a week to completely sync up.

David