On 11/14/2011 11:53 AM, Cameron wrote:
+1 on the snapshot! It's saved my @$$ on a number of occasions!
I'm curious though...how is running as a VM any different license wise from running on a physical server?

Some vendors charge licensing based on the physical host that an app is running on. So a VM running on any of a half dozen 4 CPU, 8 core ESX hosts in a cluster is quite different from running on a dual or quad core single CPU single physical box.

(and no, we can't easily migrate off to some other app or vendor with more sane licensing. :-) )