On 11/14/2011 10:20 PM, Benjamin Zachary wrote:
In the past years back, we would install the driver controller (Raid/HP/Dell
etc) into the 2000/2003 vm, then ghost it from VM to physical. Usually this
got us at least into booting and then re-detected all the new hardware ,
several reboots later we were okay (drivers loading, rebooting etc). if any
issues you just turn the vm back on , having the drivers loaded doesn't
matter.

Hmmm .... pre-installing disk and NIC drivers into the currently running VM first. There's an idea .. and you didn't sysprep first?

How did you "ghost it from VM to physical"? We don't have an Enterprise version of Ghost, or a Ghost server.

Platespin comes to mind ... for p2v and v2p ... Symantec made a similar
product in the early days I don't know if it still exists. I think its built
into Backup Exec today.

There will be no budget for any purchases. Yes, I've asked. Repeatedly ...