From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 12:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Anybody else having large failure rates of Dell Power Supplys, SFF
Model Optplex 390 and/or 790?

We're having a very large failure rate of computer power supplies in 2 of
our brand new labs. These are 2 labs of 32 computers each... one lab is Dell
Optiplex 390 SFFs, the other is Dell Optiplex 790 SFFs. I think they use the
exact same PS.

Issues are either A) No power and no lights, B) Blinking yellow power lights
and won't turn on, or C) *Poof* smoke.

We have 8 failures in the past month out of 64 computers. I'm just curious
if anybody else on the list is seeing similar failures for recent SFF
dells...

Sales rep contacted, I'm awaiting response.

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District