Hi all

Our director is very interested in introducing Skype in certain
departments since most of our clients/suppliers use Skype already. However
I am somewhat concerned about the following issues:

1. Lack of administration facilities such as locking down/disabling
certain Skype functions. I know that Windows 2008 group policy
administrative templates exist but read somewhere that these might not be
compatible with future newer versions of Skype. In fact Skype no longer
supplies such templates.

2. Network bandwidth hogging. How serious an issue is this? Each
workstation is connected via a 100 MB link to our core switch. Our
Internet broadband link speed is 4 Mbps for download and upload
connections.

3. Security issues. How serious are these?

Has anyone deployed and using Skype within a corporate environment? Any
issues encountered? Things to watch out for?

Thanks
Pierre