On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Jim Dandy <jda...@asmail.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> I’m trying to create an administrative install for Adobe Reader 10.1.2.

  One of my minions was researching this until we hit unrelated snags.
 From what he said, Adobe's distribution methodology is a crock.  He
had a doc from Adobe -- I'm pretty sure it's the same one Rob Trent
points to -- that spelled out how you had to do things.  Apparently
you can't just apply patches; only certain categories of patches can
be applied to certain releases, and then you can't patch that install
point again.

  Oh, and the way the client PCs installed a patch was obscene; it
basically could only do a full uninstall and then reinstall from
scratch.

  Adobe has all the same patch management problems today that
Microsoft had in 1997.

-- Ben