From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Admin install for Adobe Reader

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Jim Dandy <jda...@asmail.ucdavis.edu>
wrote:
> I'm trying to create an administrative install for Adobe Reader 10.1.2.

  One of my minions was researching this until we hit unrelated snags.
 From what he said, Adobe's distribution methodology is a crock.  He had a
doc from Adobe -- I'm pretty sure it's the same one Rob Trent points to --
that spelled out how you had to do things.  Apparently you can't just apply
patches; only certain categories of patches can be applied to certain
releases, and then you can't patch that install point again.

  Oh, and the way the client PCs installed a patch was obscene; it basically
could only do a full uninstall and then reinstall from scratch.

  Adobe has all the same patch management problems today that Microsoft had
in 1997.

-- Ben