Naked FTP is not secure, with or without passwords.  sFTP with SSL or SSH
and specific accounts, etc, will generally be deemed secure, but if you've
ever managed a dynamic FTP/SSH config, with oft-changing non-technical
partners, you'll agree that it's not going to fall anywhere near the ease
of use category.

It will be a burden to both the end-users and the IT teams that support
them -- on both sides of the file transfer.

Thus, other answers are more viable for this question, as currently
constructed.

* *

*ASB* *http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* *Harnessing the Advantages of
Technology for the SMB market…