Well, yes, actually, and they are part of Intel, and have been
acquiring companies for themselves - for instance, Secure Computing a
few years ago, for their Sidewinder firewalls (which are now McAfee
Secure Enterprise Firewalls), among others.

I still don't like their AV product, but they haven't yet ruined the firewall...

Kurt