From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Microsoft VM - 5 ways of backing up?

It's the same level of complexity of doing an in-VM backup using normal tools.
You can't just restore two SQL Servers that are mirrored or replication
partners using native tools and expect the mirroring to work.

In either case, the operator should have a detailed run book that details each
step to be followed. In that case, there is no complexity beyond reading a
document and following instructions. The complexity is in developing the
thoroughly tested operations guide in the first place.

Cheers
Ken