Windows Backup can also send email notifications. I'm in the process of setting
this up now.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Dickson [mailto:te...@treasurer.state.ks.us]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Microsoft VM - 5 ways of backing up?

Wbadmin Start backup -backuptarget:\\targetbackupserver\targetshare
-Include:c:,E:,f: -vssfull -allCritical -noinheritacl -quiet
-user:domain\username -Password:userpassword

OK I took out specific info, but this is the command I use to backup many of
our servers.  I choose this one because you can see it has multiple drives.
This server is running Server 2008 R2, however the same command works on 2008.
I would suggest after you set it up to try a restore to verify everything is
working fine.  That is exactly what we have done.  The biggest problem is that
everytime you run it, you overwrite the old backup so you only have the latest
backup.