I don't think SAN vs. DAS/NAS should matter tbh, just the spindles in the array
- no expert either I just muddle by.

This is what I was going from -
From: Michael B. Smith [mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: 07 February 2012 4:25 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: IOPS's calculations

I'm not a SAN expert. But for typical RAID subsystems, I don't want the
physical queue to exceed the number of disks in the array. If it does, then
I've got excessive queuing and degraded performance.

I don't see how it would be different for a SAN, but I dunno.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com