From: Rob Bonfiglio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: January 28, 2008 10:32 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: sysprep and dell oem

I'm not real strong on knowing the ins and outs of sysprep, but I found
this article that will hopefully help you:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1703&page=9

On Jan 28, 2008 10:01 AM, Ara Avvali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am creating a master image to be used for cloning xp sp2 on dell
machines. These are stapes I have taken
* Installed windows and did all updates and applications I wanted to be
on image.
* Created a subfolder on C: and called it sysprerp. Then copied
everything from inside deploy.cab on xp cd
* Ran the setup manager and created the answer file
* Went to dell site and downloaded all drivers for stations (3 types)
* Extracted all of them under a folder called Dell under C: so it looks
like c:\del\12345 and so on
* Run the sysprep, say to use minisetup and reseal.

Works perfectly except the problem it doesn't automatically pick up and
install oem drivers. I did it based on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314479 This is what my answer file looks
like. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks

;SetupMgrTag