From: Kramer, Jack [mailto:jack.kra...@ur.msu.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 4:30 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Windows 2008 DC getting AAAA records instead of A records for DNS

They're all 2002:2308 addresses.

----
Jack Kramer
Manager of Information Technology
University Relations, Michigan State University
w: 517-884-1231 / c: 248-635-4955

From: Glen Johnson <gjohn...@vhcc.edu<mailto:gjohn...@vhcc.edu>>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:25:48 +0000
To: NT System Admin Issues
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>>

What are the 1st 4 digits in the ipv6 address.  If 2002 or 2001, it could be
related to what I just went through.
We had unblocked the ISATAP dns entry which was allowing our machines to
activate ipv6 address via a tunnel adapter.
Re-added the ISATAP dns entry, disable, then re-enable the nic and no more ipv6
registrations.