On top of what already has been suggested the only item in AD you should do
is associate that subnet (101) with the site in Domain 1 inside of the AD
sites and services snap-in.

On Thursday, March 8, 2012, James Hill <falc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There isn’t anything else to it.  You obviously have the necessary
routing in place so just go ahead and activate that DHCP scope and
deactivate the old 192.168.101.x one.

> It IS that simple.

on that server with the same 192.168.101.x scope, no problem. It is also
running DNS. The DC from domain 1 is happy up there on domain 2's LAN and
is replicating with the other domain 1 DCs. It seems too simple though. I
think I need to grab some spare desktops and do some testing.

christopher_bod...@glic.com> wrote:

> Not sure you really need to do anything, at least initially. So right now
the domain 2 clients (192.168.101.x) are receiving DHCP addresses from
their local DC or some DHCP server on domain 2 that has a scope setup for
the 192.168.101.x address range, correct? When you flip these clients over
to the domain 1 domain, they will still be physically on the same side of
the VPN, so they will continue to get DHCP addresses from the same box they
were getting from before.

> My guess is that you want to flip them to a DHCP server in domain 1 at
some point after the migration? If so something like this should work. On
the DC that sits on the domain 2 side of the VPN, or some other box you
designate, setup DHCP and configure a scope identical to how it currently
is for the box that's currently handing it out for 192.168.101.x, but don't
activate it yet. Then when the migration is complete, de-activate the scope
on the old DHCP server, and activate it on the new DHCP server. Should be
that simple. Unless your network is more complex.

> Christopher Bodnar
> Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology
>
> Tel 610-807-6459
> 3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
> christopher_bod...@glic.com

<thismessage:/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=135f467f002ada19&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1>

> The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
>
> www.guardianlife.com
>

> From:        James Kerr <cluster...@gmail.com>
> To:        "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
>
> Date:        03/08/2012 08:40 AM
> Subject:        A Little Help Needed

> Hello all,
>

> Little road block I have hit trying to work on a project here and I need
a little advise on how to handle.

> We have two domains, I'll call them domain 1 and 2, they are in two
physical locations. Domain 1 is on subnet 192.168.100.1, domain 2 is on
192.168.101.1. There is a VPN tunnel between the two that connects the two
domains and allows us to have a trust between the two. We want to eliminate
domain 2. We already have a domain 1 DC on the domain 2 LAN. The issue we
are having is how to get the desktops in domain 2 a