i actually like IE7, especially with IE7pro installed with it.. the ad
blocker works alot like fasterfox to improve its performance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Angus Scott-Fleming [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: IE7 coming through WSUS

On 22 Jan 2008 at 21:48, Angus Scott-Fleming  wrote:

> FYI:
>
> ------- Included Stuff Follows -------
>
> Windows Internet Explorer 7 to be distributed via WSUS February 12,
> 2008; May require administrator action to manage the rollout - Spyware
> Sucks
>
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2008/01/23/1475723.aspx
>
> --------- Included Stuff Ends ---------

More info here:

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2008/01/microsoft-to-force-install-of-ie-
7.html

  IntelliAdmin.com: Microsoft to force install of IE 7

    Starting February 12th, IE 7 will begin showing up on Automatic updates,

    and ignore the special registry key. It will be up to the user to
    continually reject the install.

    It is unfortunate that Microsoft has not decided to extend this date. I
    know quite a few companies with third party apps - that simply will not
    work with IE 7.

    Beyond the compatibility issue, I personally dislike IE 7 in its present

    form. It is a slow and clunky interface. Every time I come across a
    machine that has it - I find myself downloading Firefox.

    I will be sad to see IE 6 to go. Even with all of its quirks, it was
still
    far better than IE 7.

    The same could be said about Vista and XP :)
--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona