To those who interface directly with your CFO/CEO or are the decision
maker, what reasoning/justification did you provide in order to shorten the
length of the refresh? I'm at a place that looks to refresh close to 5-6
years, and that's even  a fight sometimes. I know there is a wide range of
IT Pros here so curious to see if any actually had to "fight" for a 3-4
year refresh or you've been lucky enough to work for a company which
pursues an aggressive refresh policy.

Also, those that buy a refurb with 3 yr maintenance -- what's your target
margin of savings compared against buying a new machine? In other words, if
a new machine would cost $800 what's your target price for a refurb?

On Monday, March 12, 2012, Brian Desmond <br...@briandesmond.com> wrote:
> My customers vary from 3-5, err’ing to the left. Whatever the choice,
they generally have maintenance on the hardware.

> Thanks,
>
> Brian Desmond
>
> br...@briandesmond.com
>

> w – 312.625.1438 | c   – 312.731.3132