Congrats David!

________________________________
 From: David Lum <david....@nwea.org>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:01 AM
Subject: My SBS swing brag

So, I successfully swung a small (17 employee law fim) client from SBS2003 to
SBS2011 this weekend, went off with exactly one caveat: iPhone users had to
delete, reboot, then recreate the Exchange accounts on their phones. That was
it! Needless to say the client is very happy, and most employee’s hardly
noticed a thing (other than I was onsite all day yesterday, which had never
happened before ;-).

Convert everyone from Exchange 2003->Exchange 2010: Check
Convert domain controller to SBS2011 (aka2008R2): Check
Convert LexisNexis application from SQL2005 – SQL2008R2: Check
<Upgrade from PracticeAdvantage 10 to PA 11: Check!>
Move printers from 2003 32-bit server to SBS2011 64-bit server: check (this
went easier than expected)
Recreate shared folders and perms: check
Copy all data to new server (did you know there’s a utility for 2008 R2 to
restore from .BKF files?): Check
Reconfig home directories from share-per-user to single share/ABE/SBS2011
default locations: Check

Worthy to note that SBS2011 really encourages you (er, me) to not treat SBS
like just a small domain with Exchange. Pretty slick OS too.

I could NOT have done it without the SBSSwing kit, there are so many little
things that Jeff’s team has figured out. I don’t have any current certs, but I
passed that test! W00t!
David Lum
Systems Engineer //NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229//Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764

~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~